Slim down, tone up & get flexible the yogic way!
Rediscover this ancient practice and learn how to use it in a unique, fun and interesting way.
I mean, hey, aren't you tired of being bored to death in your Astanga class, endlessly moving through jarring down-dogs, up-dogs and jump-backs, wondering when will it end!!???
If that's you, maybe it's time you tried a more graceful and gentle approach?
Traditional Sun Salutations (Surya Namaska) has proven itself to be an incredibly effective weight loss, toning and stretching system for thousands of years. However, modern people have different needs than ancient Indian folk. We sit for long hours, we're less active, and the pressures of our existence overloads the nervous system with levels of stress unheard of in ancient India.
We want everyone to enjoy its benefits so we made it more achievable and more safe for modern people. The aim is to scaffold you to do 10 rounds of Surya Namaska daily because this is where all the benefits start to kick in.
With this slightly modified version, we've ironed out the bugs, so to speak, making it a more achievable practice that most people can perfect in a shorter amount of time.
Also included are a number of rarely taught tricks that enable you to transition between postures in a more graceful way.
The great thing about this approach to Surya Namaska is - you get all the benefits without having to spend years learning how to perfect the practice!
How do we do this?
We provide a unique scaffolding program that has engaging videos and text explaining everything you need to know about Surya Namaska in detail. Also, there’s online support to answer all your questions so you can master the technique more quickly with grace, style, and ease.
To nurture your senses, all footage is set in a beautiful jungle studio in Phuket. You'll hear the natural sounds of village life in the background - birds, roosters, and even some enchanting traditional calls to prayer.
- lose weight
- gain more flexibility
- tone and massage your body
- lubricate the joints
- Increase energy levels
- improve mental clarity
- soothe your nervous system...the list goes on!
Who is this course for?
- office workers
- the hunched over a mobile device crew ( c’mon put the device down, open your lungs, and tune in)
- chronically time poor folk wanting to get firm fit and flexible without leaving home
- absolute beginners through to intermediate practitioners
- yoga teachers wanting to learn a new and accessible approach to teaching Traditional Sun Salutations
What does the 10x7 practice look like and how long does it take?
The first 5 rounds of Surya Namaska are broken into three mini-practices that effortlessly scaffold the practitioner to the full practice.
Once you've made your way through each of these steps you'll have effortlessly practised 5 rounds of Surya Namaska.
After moving through the mini-practices you will be well prepared to flow through five full rounds of the slightly modified traditional version which is more suited to the needs of people of the modern age.
The complete practice takes 28 minutes.
Course consists of 19 tutorial videos and 7 practice videos which include:
- A special preparation practice that brings your mind and body into "the meditative zone" and sets the tone for a deeper practice.
- 3 mini-practices that divides the practice into very achievable movements.
- 3 versions of a complete round of Sun Salutations focusing on the different aspects ie, the bodily movements, then body movement with breath, and lastly, a seamless flow.
- A complete daily practice (28 mins) that guides you through 10 rounds of Sun Salutations made up of 5 scaffolded, then 5 straight up rounds.
- Detailed text information, outlining the tips, tricks, suggestions, and benefits.
- Easy to navigate online portal.